Beautiful accounting software meets
the League of Extraordinary Women
Partnership Proposal March 2014
Who we are.
A small group of highly successful female entrepreneurs based in Melbourne who, in late 2011, began a movement, with the purpose to connect the extraordinary female entrepreneurs of the world.
In less than 2 years the League of Extraordinary Women has experienced phenomenal organic growth and has launched in 8 cities across Australia with expansions to continue into the US and UK markets in 2014 and New Zealand in 2015.
Female entrepreneurs are returning in droves to the League events, particularly the breakfasts which are held on a monthly basis and which feature powerful inspiration through the showcasing of successful female entrepreneurs who share their stories of hard work, perseverance and success!
We pay tribute to every guest, speaker, sponsor, member and partner who has shared the journey with us. Because of you, the League is providing a powerfully influential community of women, globally, who are passionate and motivated entrepreneurs, who are inspiring each other to succeed while also participating fully in entrepreneurial communities world-wide. .
Melbourne | Sydney | Brisbane | Canberra | Adelaide | Perth Launceston | Gold Coast | New York | UK
To connect the extraordinary female entrepreneurs of the world.
To provide a powerfully influential community for women, globally, who are passionate and motivated entrepreneurs, who are inspiring each other to succeed while also participating fully in entrepreneurial communities world-wide.
Inspire, Passion, Community, Entrepreneurial drive, Thinking BIG and Differently, Integrity
What success means to us.
That we are recognised as the most influential movement for female entrepreneurs globally and through our community, we have forever altered the way women participate in entrepreneurial endeavors around the world, which has a direct economic benefit on every community we are involved with on a global basis.
What we do
We have three types of events:
- Breakfast Series
- Working Lunch Series
- 'Run The World' One Day All Female Entrepreneur Conference
Meeting monthly over a light social breakfast, female entrepreneurs meet like-minded women who can mutually motivate and inspire! At every event, there will be a dynamic speaker sharing her journey, offering advice based on her experience and sharing business tips on topics members have asked for.
The League strives to banish that feeling of isolation as businesses grow and provide a space where female entrepreneurs can find the support needed. Guests leave the breakfasts feeling inspired, empowered and extraordinary!
Working Lunch Series
The Working Lunch Series is aimed at empowering our members by providing an intimate and casual lunch for them to learn from a dynamic female entrepreneur who is an expert in a particular field and ‘workshop’ a relevant business topic over lunch. The Working Lunches are exclusive to the League of Extraordinary Women members.
The purpose of the Working Lunches is to get our members working on their business and learning something new which can help them improve their business in some way. It’s also about connecting with other members within the League community, making friends, getting advice and walking away feeling INSPIRED and knowing they can ACHIEVE ANYTHING!!
This event is held in each of the cities on the last Friday of every second month for a duration of 3 hours.
'Run The World' All Female Entrepreneur One Day Conference
The League of Extraordinary Women recently hosted the FIRST one-day all female entrepreneur conference ever held in Australia. This exciting event showcased 10 outstanding female entrepreneurs who spoke on a range of different business topics and their entrepreneurial experiences to inspire and empower the audience of over 350 females.
The theme ‘Run the World’ was designed to empower, captivate and appeal to young females who are considering taking the leap of faith into the world of entrepreneurship. It provides them with an insight into what it takes to be an entrepreneur, how to get started and what challenges they will face.
The mission of the ‘Run the World’ Female Entrepreneur Conference was to:
Showcase the outstanding achievements of 10 incredible Australian and New Zealand female entrepreneurs
To inspire and empower attendees to follow their dreams and aspirations through the experience and knowledge shared by the high profile guest speakers
Encourage young females to connect with each other at the event
To hold the largest and most monumental female entrepreneur event in the history of Australia with a view to recreating it each year to further inspire the next generation of female entrepreneurs
Naomi Simson (Red Balloon), Kristina Karlsson (kikki.K Stationery), Prue MacSween (Verve Communications), Annah Stretton (Fashion Designer, Author & Entrepreneur), Valerie Khoo (Australian Writers Centre), Sheryl Thai (Cupcake Central), Tania Zaetta (TV Presenter, Actress & Entrepreneur)
Why Xero and The League make beautiful partners.
Xero and the League share a similar vision; to help businesses be better.
Xero achieves this through the provision of beautiful accounting software and educating small business owners on how to understand the "numbers" in their business. The League does this for female entrepreneurs specifically, through offering a global membership and events platform upon which female entrepreneurs can be inspired and connect with each other.
The partnership will be based on a mutual desire to assist the League members to grow bigger and better businesses through the provision of beautiful accounting software and financial literacy education by Xero.
What are Xero looking for.
- A genuine long term partnership with the global League community where the true value of the full Xero proposal is recognised and valued
- Opportunity to partner with and help steer the direction of the League in the future and be central to educating League SME’s around their business numbers
- Opportunity to offer an exclusive “proposition” from Xero to our members of which the specifics are to be determined
- Opportunity for Xero to produce financial education content that would benefit The League and members
- Data gathering through different methods to assess how Xero and the League can provide further assistance to the League community to grow bigger and better businesses
- Exclusivity in the space of being the sole accounting and payroll software partner for League members
How Xero would like to partner with the global League Community.
- To be provided with the opportunity to offer an exclusive deal for League members with respect to the Xero software
- Financial education for the League members through the provision of Xero partners as facilitators for the Working Lunch Series
- Through the provision of simple yet valuable financial tips for the League Community to implement in their businesses quickly and effectively
- Offering a series of webinars for League members with topics such as financial literary, operating businesses effectively using cloud technology, how to increase productivity and so forth.
- Offering the League community access to the wider Xero eco-system including but not limited to add-on partners and cloud integrators
- Financial investment - $50,000