Welcome to the League of Extraordinary Women
Who we are.
A small group of highly successful female entrepreneurs based in Melbourne who, in late 2011, began a movement, with the purpose to connect the extraordinary female entrepreneurs of the world.
In less than 2 years the League of Extraordinary Women has experienced phenomenal organic growth and has launched in 8 cities across Australia with plans to expand into the US and UK markets in April 2014.
Female entrepreneurs are returning in droves to the League events, particularly the breakfasts which are held on a monthly basis and which feature powerful inspiration through the showcasing of successful female entrepreneurs who share their stories of hard work, perseverance and success!
We pay tribute to every guest, speaker, sponsor, member and partner who has shared the journey with us. Because of you, the League is providing a powerfully influential community of women, globally, who are passionate and motivated entrepreneurs, who are inspiring each other to succeed while also participating fully in entrepreneurial communities world-wide. .
Melbourne | Sydney | Brisbane | Canberra | Adelaide | Perth Launceston | Gold Coast | New York | UK
To connect the extraordinary female entrepreneurs of the world.
To provide a powerfully influential community for women, globally, who are passionate and motivated entrepreneurs, who are inspiring each other to succeed while also participating fully in entrepreneurial communities world-wide.
Inspire, Passion, Community, Entrepreneurial drive, Thinking BIG and Differently, Integrity
What success means to us.
That we are recognised as the most influential movement for female entrepreneurs globally and through our community, we have forever altered the way women participate in entrepreneurial endeavors around the world, which has a direct economic benefit on every community we are involved with on a global basis.
The League of Extraordinary Women supports speakers who think BIG and DIFFERENTLY, who are intent on disrupting the status quo, and who are succeeding through hard work, perseverance and a refusal to give up!
When considering speakers, the League looks for two things:
- a desire to inspire and;
- a desire to help others
It is our belief that through sharing your story of success with our community, together we can inspire female entrepreneurs to believe in their dreams, follow their hearts, think outside the square and do whatever it takes to make their dream a reality. Together we can change the world!
What we do
We are seeking speakers for the following events in Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Adelaide, Canberra, Perth, Launceston, the Gold Coast, New York and the UK:
- Breakfast Series
- Working Lunch Series
Meeting monthly over a light social breakfast, female entrepreneurs meet like-minded women who can mutually motivate and inspire! At every event, there will be a dynamic speaker sharing her journey, offering advice based on her experience and sharing business tips on topics members have asked for.
The League strives to banish that feeling of isolation as businesses grow and provide a space where female entrepreneurs can find the support needed. Guests leave the breakfasts feeling inspired, empowered and extraordinary!
The breakfasts are held on the 1st Tuesday of every month from 7.30am - 9.30am in each location.
The Breakfast events are an interview format where our Crusader will interview you, our FABULOUS speaker, on 7 questions relating to entrepreneurship. We encourage you to think about your answers prior to the speaking event. A Q&A session, facilitated by our Crusader, will then commence and is designed to give our guests an opportunity to connect with you directly. Please find below the questions you will be asked as a Speaker at a League Breakfast.
- Why did you become an entrepreneur?
- What process did you follow to decide what your product or service would be?
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur?
- What has been your biggest success since launching your business?
- What has been your biggest challenge and how did you overcome it?
- If you had $500 to begin your next venture, what would it be?
- How did it feel when you made your first $1M? OR You’re very close to making your first $1M. How do you think it will feel when you reach that magic milestone?
- The purpose of the breakfast is for our guests to feel inspired through hearing your journey, so we encourage you to speak from the heart when answering the questions and to share the challenges you've overcome and the success you've achieved. It's as much a celebration of your achievements as it is inspiration for our guests!
- We request that you be working in your own business on a full-time basis and be comfortable speaking in front of an audience and answering questions from our guests.
- Guest speakers must have a $1M turnover in their business or be very close to achieving it. The $1M mark is a magic milestone in business, and we aim to encourage our community to think BIG and to know that this milestone is absolutely achievable. A specific turnover figure is not required when answering this question; it's more about the feeling it's given you when you realised you had achieved it.
- We ask you to be mindful that this is not an opportunity for you to sell your business but a chance to inspire other women, just like you, to continue to follow their dreams. If our guests resonate with you they have an opportunity to seek you out after your presentation.
- We encourage you to place business cards or promotional material on the tables prior to guests arriving so guests are able to contact you after the breakfast.
Working Lunch Series
The Working Lunch Series is aimed at empowering our members by providing an intimate and casual lunch for them to learn from a dynamic female entrepreneur who is an expert in a particular field and ‘workshop’ a relevant business topic over lunch. The Working Lunches are exclusive to the League of Extraordinary Women members.
The purpose of the Working Lunches is to get our members working on their business and learning something new which can help them improve their business in some way. It’s also about connecting with other members within the League community, making friends, getting advice and walking away feeling INSPIRED and knowing they can ACHIEVE ANYTHING!!
Working Lunch Format
The Working Lunches are held every on the last Friday of every second month from 2pm – 5pm over a light afternoon lunch where an expert on a particular business topic will facilitate a workshop. Our members will complete activities using their own business as a "case study" and leave with new learnings and a list of actions to implement the new strategies into their own business.
Topics will include but are not limited to Goal Setting & Strategy, Public Relations, Sales, Online Website Marketing, finding your Unique Selling Proposition and other applicable business topics. If you have a topic you feel would be of interest and you would be able to facilitate a working Lunch, please contact us.
- We request that you have prior presentation experience involving public speaking and facilitation and are well versed on a relevant business topic which would be of interest to female entrepreneurs.
- We expect you to be able to structure a workshop and guide our guests through it so they are able to leave with a set of actions to complete. The Workshop is to include some activities which can be completed at the Working Lunch with your guidance.
- Gift Bags are given to guests and we encourage you to place promotional material inside each.
- We ask you to be mindful that this is not an opportunity for you to sell your business but a chance to share your expertise with other women, just like you, to assist them in following their dreams. If our guests resonate with you they have an opportunity to seek you out after the workshop.
- We encourage you to place business cards on the tables prior to guests arriving so guests are able to contact you after the workshop.
Each community is lead by a League of Extraordinary Women "Crusader" who is the ambassador for the League in her community. It is the role of our Crusaders to spread the positive message of inspiration, empowerment and connection throughout their community. Our Crusaders are extraordinary female entrepreneurs in their own rights, daring to be different, being bold in their approach and changing the world with their own entrepreneurial endeavours! They desire to be positive role models and spokeswomen for the female entrepreneurs in their community and to be a part of something bigger than themselves.
The Next Step
If you would love to inspire our community of driven and dynamic female entrepreneurs over breakfast or facilitate new learnings and breakthrough moments over our Working Lunch, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will put you in touch with the Crusader in your preferred location.